Advocate Associate Professor Doctor
İslam Safa Kaya
Ad. Assoc. Prof. İslam Safa Kaya entered the Kırıkkale University Faculty of Law in 2002. After his undergraduate education in 2006, he continued his master’s degree at Erciyes University SSI. After completing his master’s degree with his thesis titled ‘Limited scope of the company and responsibilities of partners debts’ in 2009, he completed his doctorate education at Kırıkkale University SSI with his dissertation in International Energy Law and received the title of PhD in 2014.
Having worked as a Freelance Attorney at the Ankara Bar Association between 2006 and 2010 Kaya, during the same period, he also served as the deputy of Başkent EDAŞ (Electricity Distribution Inc.) In 2010, he began working as an attorney at law in the Türkiye Petrolleri Anonim Ortaklığı (TPAO). During this period, Kaya, who was the TPAO attorney in many international energy arbitrations, actively provided legal consultancy services to many affiliates abroad, especially Libya. In the same period, he participated in trainings on tender legislation and served as a regulator and supervisor in many tenders of TPAO. During his tenure at TPAO, he studied Arabic language within the Aldiwan Arabic Language Center, based in Cairo, for 1 year. After completing his doctorate, Kaya was appointed to Kırıkkale University Faculty of Law as a Faculty Member in 2015.
After receiving the title of Associate Professor in 2019, he founded the ETEYSE Law & Consulting & Mediation Office. Currently working as a Faculty Member at Kırıkkale University Faculty of Law Kaya, conducted Energy Law, International Law and Criminal Law courses at various universities such as Erciyes University and University of Turkish Aeronautical Association. Kaya, who is an expert in energy disputes in Ankara Courts, has many books, internationally indexed articles and international proceedings in the fields of energy law, international law and criminal law.
Kaya, who has good command English and Arabic is married and has 3 children.
ARTICLES PUBLISHED IN NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL JOURNALS
- KAYA İslam Safa. Evaluation of Tanap Agreements in Terms of International Law and Expropriation Law. Bilig: Journal of Social Sciences of the Turkic World, 2017, (83), 99-119.
- KAYA İslam Safa, Evaluation Of Nuclear Power Plants With Regard To Customary International Law, Batman University Journal of Life Sciences, 2017, 7(1/1), 1-11.
- KAYA İslam Safa, AYKANAT Mustafa, International Legal Personality Of International Organizations: Opec Case, Abant İzzet Baysal University Journal of Graduate School Of Social Sciences, 2016, 16(4), 63-78.
- KAYA İslam Safa. Status of Offshore Oil Rigs in International Law. Union Of Turkish Bar Associations Review, 2015, (118), 345-360.
- KAYA İslam Safa. Preventing Transboundary Harm Arising from Hazardous Activities in International Law Example of Transportation by Transit Pipeline. Legal Journal of Law, 2015, 13(148), 2015, 61-77.
- KAYA İslam Safa. An Overlook At Internatıonal Energy Polıcıes: The Case Of Turkey. Union Of Turkish Bar Associations Review, 2012, 269-288.
- KAYA İslam Safa, CENGİZ Ali, Precious Stamp Fraud Crime In The Turkish Criminal Law, Batman University Journal of Life Sciences, 2019, 9(1) 1, 6-20
PROCEEDINGS PRESENTED AT NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUMS
- KAYA İslam Safa. ‘Evaluation Of The Decision Of GKRY Within The Framework Of The European Arrest Order In Terms Of Criminal Law’’, 4th International Congress on Multidisciplinary Studies, 25-28Ağustos 2019, Shymkent, Kazakhstan.
- KAYA İslam Safa. ” The Jurisdiction Of The Offenses Committed In Ships In Terms Of Turkish Criminal Law And International Criminal Law”, UMTEB-V 5th International Congress on Vocational&Technical Sciences, Jan 24-27, 2019, Cairo-Egypt.
- KAYA İslam Safa. ” Extradition In Terms Of Turkish Criminal Law And International Criminal Law”, UMTEB-V 5th International Congress ın Vocational &Technical Sciences, Jan 24-27, 2019, Cairo-Egypt.
- KAYA İslam Safa. “Reconciliation in Turkish Criminal Law”, Third Mediterranean International Congress on Social Sciences (MECAS III), June 19-22, 2018, Budapest, Hungary
NATIONAL / INTERNATIONAL BOOKS
- KAYA İslam Safa, KARABAY Huzeyfe, Mediation in Criminal Law Systems, Adalet Publishing, 2019, ISBN: 978-605-300-787-6
- KAYA İslam Safa, Within the framework of International Maritime Law
- Oil and Natural Gas Resources in the Eastern Mediterranean, Adalet Publishing, 2016, ISBN:978-605-146-841-9